In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to import images into the Elements 15 Organizer from photos that already exist on your hard drive. You'll see how to choose which folder to import from as well as options that can be applied during the import process.
- [Voiceover] The first step in using Photoshop Elements…is importing photos…that the Elements 15 Organizer can manage.…Although it's possible to dive right into…Elements 15 Editor and begin editing your photos,…it's more logical to import them into the…Elements 15 Organizer,…so you can organize your photos first,…before you begin editing.…Now, I'm beginning this video with the Elements Organizer…already open and I'm clicked on the Media tab…up here at the top.…Now, before I import I wanna show you the 'Exercise Files'…folder that contains the photos…that we're gonna be importing.…
You're gonna see here that in the 'Exercise Files' folder,…I have a lot of loose images here,…and they're using the default name that you would see…from your camera.…But I also have a couple of subfolders here,…I have 'Watched', I have 'Flowers', I have 'Camera',…that I'm gonna use in future videos to show you…the process of setting up a 'Watch' folder,…and also importing your images from a camera.…Now if you don't wanna follow along, that's fine.…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.