In this video, author Chad Chelius walks you through the process of importing photos from a camera or card reader and discusses some of the options available during the import process. You'll also see how you can select only certain images to import from the camera or card reader and how to delete them after import if desired.
- [Instructor] Now the likely source for the images…that you'll be importing into the Elements organizer…will be from your camera or a camera card reader.…So I'm going to show you how you would go about importing…those images into the Elements organizer using this method.…Now, once again, I'm starting this video…with the Elements organizer already open, and…I'm just going to switch over to the finder, in the case…of the Mac platform, just to show you that what I've done…is I've copied the images from the camera folder…to a camera card reader that I'm going to be importing.…
And this is to just kind of simulate the process…of importing the images from your camera or card reader.…If you'd like, you can just import them…from this folder as well.…So I'm going to go ahead and…go back to the Elements organizer,…and again by going to file, get photos and videos,…I can choose from camera or card reader.…I can also click the import button,…and choose from camera or card reader here.…So when I choose this option,…I'm going to be presented with the photo downloader.…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.