In this video, author Chad Chelius explains that not all photos that you import into the Elements Organizer are going to be keepers. The Elements Organizer allows you to delete photos from the catalog and the hard drive if desired, but also gives you the ability to simply hide images out of view so you can still access them later on.
- Let's face it. Not all photos are keepers.…Any good photographer will openly admit that.…So it's not uncommon to go through your photos after import…and delete the ones that you definitely don't want.…But for some photos, even through they're not fantastic,…you may not be entirely sure that you want to delete them.…Elements Organizer gives you the options for both situations…that I'd like to go over with you right now.…So I'm currently in the Elements Organizer…in the Media category.…
And what you may want to do here is…open up the Keyword Info panel over here,…and go to the information section,…and that's going to help you…to locate the same image that I am.…Now what I'm going to do is,…I'm going to scroll through here a little bit,…and I'm going to find a couple of images…that I definitely don't want.…I'm gonna scroll down a little bit.…This particular image I'm not even sure what this is,…it's an image of the forest…and there's really no great subject here,…so I really don't think I want this anymore.…
Now the name of this image is IMG_6472,…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.