In this video, author Chad Chelius gives you a tour of the Guided Edit mode within the Elements Editor workspace. Guided edit provides several options for adjusting your images that walk you through the process step by step to achieve the desired result.
- [Voiceover] Taking a step up from the QuickEdit mode,…is the Guided Edit mode.…The cool thing about Guided Edit mode,…is that you don't have to memorize…the steps required to perform a function.…You see, Guided Edit mode walks you…though the process of performing a certain effect…step by step, leaving nothing to chance.…It's also a great learning tool,…because sometimes it helps you to understand…how to perform an operation conceptually,…that could benefit you when you want to perform…more complex operations.…So I'm going to go ahead and go…into Guided Edit mode within the Elements Editor…by clicking on this button up here.…
And as you can see Guided Edit mode…is divided into six main categories…across the top of the screen.…Each category contains several different effects…that are described within each thumbnail preview.…So, for example, right now I am in the "basic" category,…and we can scroll down through here, and we can see…all of the different options.…And if your photo bin is currently being displayed,…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.