In this video, author Chad Chelius introduces you to the Expert mode within the Elements 15 editor and explains the different areas of the Expert mode that you'll be working with throughout this course.
- [Narrator] The workspace in the expert mode…of the Elements editor is quite a bit different…from the quick and guided edit workspaces.…It's as close as you'll come to the full version…of Photoshop, actually, but expert mode…in the Elements editor is designed to be a bit…friendlier and more intuitive.…Let me walk you through this workspace…so that when we dive in and begin working on images,…you'll feel right at home.…Now I'm actually gonna start from ground zero here,…and I'm just gonna go ahead and launch Adobe Photoshop…Elements on my computer.…In this case, I'm doing it from my finder…in the applications folder.…
If you're on Windows, you can do that in…the Windows explorer by going to the program files folder…or your start menu in the lower left-hand corner.…So when I launch Adobe Photoshop Elements,…it's gonna bring me to the welcome screen.…And I'm gonna go ahead and click on the photo editor button…to launch the Elements 15 editor.…Now at the very top of the screen, we've gone over…these other modes here, but we wanna make sure…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.