In this video, author Chad Chelius introduces you to the Content Aware Fill and Content Aware Move features that allow you to remove elements from a picture or move elements from one location to another with very little evidence that the original element was ever there.
- [Instructor] The Elements editor…contains several content aware features that are,…well, just amazing.…When it comes to removing an element from a photo,…or moving an element to a new location,…the content aware features will just blow your mind.…Let me show you how these work.…Now I'm here in the Elements Organizer,…and I'm gonna scroll down towards the bottom here.…And I wanna work with this particular image right here…of the ocean on the horizon here.…And I'm just gonna click on the editor button…to open this image in the Elements editor.…
Now what I'd like to do here is just kinda clean this up.…This girl is my daughter, so that's where I'd really like…to focus the subject matter of the picture.…But before we do any of the removing of these other people,…I wanna show you where content aware…is used on a regular basis.…So, the first thing I'd like to do is straighten this image.…So I'm gonna select the straighten tool,…and we're gonna make sure that auto fill edges down here…is enabled.…
So what I'm gonna do is just click…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.