In this video, author Chad Chelius explains that Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 is actually composed of two separate applications that are used to manage and edit your photos. Those two components are the Elements 15 Organizer and the Elements 15 Editor.
- [Instructor] When you install Photoshop Elements 15…on your computer, you actually get two for the price of one.…What I mean is, you actually get two…fully functional applications when…you purchase Photoshop Elements.…We'll take a more detailed look at this in a future video,…but for now I want you to understand…what you're working with within…the Photoshop Elements environment.…First you get a powerful application…for organizing all of your photos…called Elements 15 Organizer.…Organizer lets you add keywords to photos,…organize them into folders,…organize them by where they were taken…along with many other methods as well.…
The biggest challenge people have with their photos…is locating them when they need them.…Elements Organizer helps you to do this.…The second application that gets installed is…called the Elements 15 Editor.…This is where all the action happens.…Elements 15 Editor provides many ways to make basic…as well as advanced edits to your photos.…More importantly the Editor is divided…into three main categories,…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.