In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to use the Guided Edit mode in the Elements 15 Editor to add the Orton effect to a photo. The Orton effect creates a soft dreamy feel in the photo that makes it stand out.
- [Narrator] The Orton effect is a method by which…areas of the photo are softened,…creating a dreamy look in your photos.…With the right subject matter…it has an amazing look and feel to it.…The Guided edit mode provides an easy way…to apply this effect to your photos.…So let's take a closer look.…I'm beginning here in the Elements Organizer…and I'm go ahead and pick a photo…that I think might work for this effect.…So I'm gonna scroll down a little bit…and I think I'm gonna choose this picture right here.…I think it has a nice subject matter…and I think this effect is gonna work…pretty well on this image.…
So with this selected, I'm gonna come down here…and click on the Editor button and that's gonna…open this image in the Elements Editor.…And you can see down here I have it open in the Photo Bin.…Now if I go to the Special Edits category,…you're gonna notice that right over here is the Orton effect…And if you use your cursor on this thumbnail,…you can kinda see the before and after…of what this effect does.…So I'm gonna go ahead and click on Orton Effect…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.