In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to use the Type tool to add text to an image and explains how each time you add text, a new layer is created that provides many possibilities for adjusting the appearance of the type.
- The Elements Editor makes it easy to add text…to your photos and provides a lot of control…over the appearance.…Let me show you how to add text to your photos using…the type tool in the Elements Editor.…Now I'm starting in the Elements Organizer…and I'm going to scroll down to an image that…I want to add text to.…I'm going to chose this image right here…although you can honestly use any image that you wish.…Now with that selected I'll click on the Editor button to…open that image in the Elements Editor.…
Now with that open in Expert mode, I'm going to come down…and I'm going to click on the type tool.…If you come down to the tool options you're going to notice…that I have seven different type tools that I can choose…for various types of text that I want to create.…For this exercise I'm going to choose…the horizontal type tool…and to add text probably the easiest way is to just…click somewhere and type the text that you want to create.…I'm going to type…"Copyright Symbol 2016"…and my name.…
To adjust the size of this text you can come down here…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.