In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to add unique keywords to your photos in Photoshop Elements 15 so you can find your images based on those keywords in the future. You'll also learn how to group your keywords into categories and subcategories to help you refine your keyword searches.
- [Instructor] Sometimes in order to find specific photos,…you need to add relevant and sometimes…unique information to them.…Keywords are an incredibly powerful way…to add important information to your photos…to make it easier to find them in the future.…Let's add some keywords to some of the photos…in the catalog that we're using,…so you can see how powerful these keywords can be.…Now I have the Elements Organizer open,…and I'm currently clicked on the Media mode.…I'm gonna come down here to the lower right corner…and I'm gonna click on the keyword info button…to display that panel,…and then I'm gonna click on the Tags category…to display that information.…
Now we have a category up here called Keywords,…and you'll notice that by default we have a number of…default categories that are listed here.…Now over here to the right if I click on this arrow…next to the plus sign, you'll notice that I can create…a new keyword, I can create a sub-category…as well as a category.…So as you create your keywords you can get as granular…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.