In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to add captions, notes, and rating information to images to provide relevant detail to those images so you can remember key information about the photo and so you can find those photos easier later on.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] After you import your photos,…you'll wanna add information to them…to make it easier to find the photos,…and maybe even to make it easier…to remember something significant…about the event surrounding the photo.…Elements Organizer provides several ways to do this,…which I'd like to show you right now.…Now, I'm in the Elements Editor,…and I've clicked on the media mode up here,…and I'd like you to come down here…to the lower right-hand corner…and click on the keyword info button…to display that panel,…and I wanna make sure that you click on the…information category to the right.…
Now, I'm gonna scroll down,…and I'm gonna click on an image,…I think I'm gonna choose this image right here.…In case you're trying to find it,…the name of the image is IMG_6640.…And, when I click on that,…you're gonna notice that I have some additional fields…available in the information category,…and one of those fields is the caption,…and the caption is just a great way to…describe something about the photo.…Not really keywords, but,…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.