- View Offline
- Determining equipment needs
- Scanning negatives, slides, and film
- Importing photos in Photoshop Elements
- Adding captions, keywords, and Smart Tags
- Adjusting contrast
- Fixing fading with Threshold
- Making automatic fixes with guided edit
- Removing dust, spots, and texture with the healing tools
- Repairing rips and tears
- Sharing restored images
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi I'm Janine Smith welcome to Photoshop Elements 9 Scanning and Restoring photos. The papers and chemicals used to create your original photographs can and will disintegrate. But by digitizing and restoring them, you can preserve and share these images with others. We'll begin by identifying the different types of images you might need to restore and showing you how to get them into your computer. Next I'll demonstrate how to use the organizer to categorize and tag your images. Then we'll hop into Photoshop Elements to fix some of the most common problems.
We'll see how to use levels to restore color to faded photographs. I'll demonstrate how to use the clone stamp tool to remove spots and dust. And we'll even explore options for digitally repairing ripped and torn photos. I've been restoring photographs for 10 years and I'd love to share some of the tools and tips I've learned along the way. So gather up those old photos and let's start restoring your images.