Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photos
In Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photos, professional photo restorer Janine Smith shows how to bring new life to old photos. The course begins with a look at the types of photos that may require restoration, including slides, negatives, prints, and newspaper photos, and options for scanning them. She discusses the types of scanners that are available, from flatbed to film, and the best settings to use for originals. The course then delves into Photoshop Elements tools and techniques to help restore clarity to faded photos and fix problems such as dust, scratches, and tears. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Determining equipment needs
- Scanning negatives, slides, and film
- Importing photos in Photoshop Elements
- Adding captions, keywords, and Smart Tags
- Adjusting contrast
- Fixing fading with Threshold
- Making automatic fixes with guided edit
- Removing dust, spots, and texture with the healing tools
- Repairing rips and tears
- Sharing restored images
- Hi I'm Janine Smith welcome to Photoshop Elements 9 Scanning and Restoring photos. The papers and chemicals used to create your original photographs can and will disintegrate. But by digitizing and restoring them, you can preserve and share these images with others. We'll begin by identifying the different types of images you might need to restore and showing you how to get them into your computer. Next I'll demonstrate how to use the organizer to categorize and tag your images. Then we'll hop into Photoshop Elements to fix some of the most common problems.
We'll see how to use levels to restore color to faded photographs. I'll demonstrate how to use the clone stamp tool to remove spots and dust. And we'll even explore options for digitally repairing ripped and torn photos. I've been restoring photographs for 10 years and I'd love to share some of the tools and tips I've learned along the way. So gather up those old photos and let's start restoring your images.
Combining Images with Photoshop Elements 99,651 Views
Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 03 Sharing and Printing Photos21,118 Views
Quick Fixes with Photoshop Elements 109,807 Views
Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 04 Creative Effects and Projects48,819 Views
Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos66,818 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,787,756 Views
Windows 10 Essential Training868,882 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,293,738 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,415,539 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,136,116 Views