- View Offline
- Understanding the when and why of making selections
- Combining and transforming selections
- Selecting fine detail with Refine Edge
- Capturing soft and hard edges in one selection
- Understanding the relationship of selections to masks
- Removing color fringe around selections
- Using the Marquee and Lasso tools
- Working with the Color Range command
- Selecting with the Pen tool and paths
- Making easy selections with the Quick Selection tool
- Working with Refine Mask
- Sharing selections between images
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm your instructor Jan Kabili, welcoming you to Photoshop CS5 Selections In Depth, a deep dive into everything you need to know about selections. Making a good selection is an essential skill for every Photoshop user. This course will show you not only how to make good selections but also when and why to make selections in a variety of practical situations. I'll walk you step by step through the process of selecting hair and other fine details and I'll explain the nuances of using the improved refine edge and refine mask controls to fine tune your selections.
I'll go over all the selection tools and depth from the most basic to the more subtle. We'll explore selection methods that work automatically like the quick selection tool and the color range command. I'll break down the mysteries of selecting with the pen tool and show you how to effortlessly snap a selection to an edge with the magnetic lasso. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, knowing as much as you can about selections will help you to work faster and smarter in Photoshop. So let's get started exploring Photoshop CS5 Selections In Depth.