- View Offline
- Understanding the axes of motion with a Wacom tablet
- Choosing a brush shape and Bristle Tip
- Adjusting brush angle
- Loading color and control the behavior of the Mixer Brush
- Modifying surface texture
- Simulating the texture of canvas
- Saving tool presets for brushes
- Creating a painting from a photograph
- Painting from scratch with the Mixer Brush
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi! I'm John Derry and I'd like to welcome you to Photoshop CS5: Painting with the Mixer Brush. In this course I'm gonna introduce you to Photoshop CS5's exciting new Mixer Brush. This expressive tool allows you to realistically simulate the mark-making effects of real paintbrushes. I'll show you how to use a Wacom tablet so you can see what an invaluable tool it is. We'll explore the expressive range of the Mixer Brush and the painting possibilities it offers.
We'll analyze the new Bristle Tips feature which enables a wide range of mark-making styles. I'll show you how to load paint, adjust wetness and mix colors with your digital brush, just like you would with a real brush and paint palette. Finally, we'll see some real-world uses of these tools by painting from scratch as well as interpreting a photograph into a painting. The Mixer Brush is an exciting new feature in Photoshop CS5. For the first time you can make realistic brushstrokes that look exactly like marks you would make with physical media on canvas.
As a digital painting pioneer, I'm excited to share all of my tips and techniques for getting the most out of Photoshop's new, expressive, natural media painting tools. Now let's get started with Photoshop CS5: Painting with the Mixer Brush.