Photoshop CS5: Painting with the Mixer Brush
Join John Derry, a pioneer in the field of digital painting, as he shows how to master the natural-media painting features introduced in Photoshop CS5 in Photoshop CS5: Painting with the Mixer Brush. This course shows how to use the Mixer Brush, the Bristle Tips feature, and a new mechanism for blending colors in Photoshop to add beautiful, painterly effects to photographs, enhance artwork with paint-like strokes and illustrations, and paint entirely new art from scratch. This course also covers customizing brush characteristics and surface textures, applying keyboard shortcuts to paint smoothly and efficiently, and using a Wacom tablet to get the most out of Photoshop CS5’s painting features. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Understanding the axes of motion with a Wacom tablet
- Choosing a brush shape and Bristle Tip
- Adjusting brush angle
- Loading color and control the behavior of the Mixer Brush
- Modifying surface texture
- Simulating the texture of canvas
- Saving tool presets for brushes
- Creating a painting from a photograph
- Painting from scratch with the Mixer Brush
- Hi! I'm John Derry and I'd like to welcome you to Photoshop CS5: Painting with the Mixer Brush. In this course I'm gonna introduce you to Photoshop CS5's exciting new Mixer Brush. This expressive tool allows you to realistically simulate the mark-making effects of real paintbrushes. I'll show you how to use a Wacom tablet so you can see what an invaluable tool it is. We'll explore the expressive range of the Mixer Brush and the painting possibilities it offers.
We'll analyze the new Bristle Tips feature which enables a wide range of mark-making styles. I'll show you how to load paint, adjust wetness and mix colors with your digital brush, just like you would with a real brush and paint palette. Finally, we'll see some real-world uses of these tools by painting from scratch as well as interpreting a photograph into a painting. The Mixer Brush is an exciting new feature in Photoshop CS5. For the first time you can make realistic brushstrokes that look exactly like marks you would make with physical media on canvas.
As a digital painting pioneer, I'm excited to share all of my tips and techniques for getting the most out of Photoshop's new, expressive, natural media painting tools. Now let's get started with Photoshop CS5: Painting with the Mixer Brush.
Photoshop CS6 New Features: Brushes136,010 Views
Digital Painting: Street Scene261,185 Views
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS565,373 Views
Corel Painter 11: Mastering Brushes172,395 Views
Photoshop Brushes244,599 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training492,398 Views