Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Mastery
In the all-new Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Mastery, the third and final installment of the popular series, join industry expert and award-winning author Deke McClelland for an in-depth tour of the most powerful and empowering features of Photoshop CS5. Discover the vast possibilities of traditional tools, such as masking and blend modes, and then delve into Smart Objects, Photomerge, as well as the new Puppet Warp, Mixer Brush, and HDR features. Exercise files accompany the course.
Recommended prerequisites: Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Fundamentals and Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advanced.
- Using masks and blend modes in radically new ways
- Mastering the Pen tool and Paths panel
- Transforming and maximizing Smart Objects
- Employing Smart Filters to create complex effects
- Exploring the capabilities of Bristle brushes and the Mixer Brush
- Merging multiple images into seamless panoramas
- Exploring the full range of luminance with HDR Pro
- Recording actions and batching-processing images
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Deke McClelland. Hello and welcome to Photoshop CS5 one-on-one mastery, the third installment in my cradle to grave, everything you need to know series on Adobe Photoshop. By now, you know that my purpose here is to walk you through Photoshop as if I were teaching it to you in a classroom or corporate consulting environment. Except that instead of either one of us getting lost in a sea of students, it's just you and me, one-on-one. In these movies, we'll be looking at Photoshop's most mysterious features, the ones that you're least likely to learn on your own through trial and error.
Meanwhile, they're the ones that are most likely to have the most profound effect on the flexibility and quality of your work. In other words, you'll be more efficient, and your artwork will look impeccable. We'll start with the essentials of masking, which makes it possible to select such seemingly complex details as hair and composite them against a different background. Then, I'll teach you the pen tool, which lets you select any smooth contour in an image on a point-by-point basis.
Next come blend modes, which let you drop out backgrounds and blend foregrounds to create seamless transitions, just by selecting a single option. I'll show you how to work with smart objects and smart filters to create compositions that you might not have thought possible, while keeping every single step entirely editable, so you can make new edits to accommodate previous ones. You courageous artists will appreciate Photoshop's bristle and mixer brushes, which emulate traditional painting tools and even permit you to transform photographs into artwork.
I devote an entire chapter to Photoshop CS5's new HDR Pro, which merges multiple exposures to bring out every last level of luminance in even the most darkly lit scene. In the end, I'll show you how to record actions and batch process entire folders of images, so you can spend less time performing mindless chores and more time creating fabulous works of art. Before we get to all that, and what a lot of wonderful stuff it is, I spent these first few movies making sure that you and I are on the same page.
If you already performed these steps back in a fundamentals or advanced course, you can skip to chapter 25 and enjoy part 3 of the avatar project. Otherwise, follow my short instructions and fine-tune Photoshop's engine for optimal performance. Thank you for being here, by the way. Now brace yourself to learn.
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advanced1,339,189 Views
Photoshop CS5 Top 592,187 Views
Photoshop CS5: Creative Effects704,386 Views
Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Advanced Blending298,449 Views
Photoshop CS4: Layer Masks in Depth637,847 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Fundamentals3,375,497 Views