Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Fundamentals
Photoshop is the world’s most powerful image editor, and it’s arguably the most complex, as well. Fortunately, nobody knows the program like award-winning book and video author Deke McClelland. Join Deke as he explores such indispensable Photoshop features as resolution, cropping, color correction, retouching, and layers. Gain expertise with real-world projects that make sense. Exercise files accompany the course.
Download Deke's free dekeKeys and color settings from the Exercise Files tab.
- Assembling photorealistic compositions
- Understanding image size and resolution
- Correcting the brightness and color of images
- Creating accurate selection outlines
- Retouching and healing photos
- Mastering layers and effects
- Printing and exporting to the web
Welcome to Photoshop CS5 One-on-One
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland. Welcome to Photoshop CS5 One on One. My cradle to grave, everything you need to know series on Adobe Photoshop. As the name 'One on One' implies, I walk you through Photoshop as if I were teaching it to you in a classroom or corporate consulting environment. Except that instead of getting lost in a crowd of students, you receive my individualized attention. It's just you and me, one on one. Photoshop is a great big application and there's a lot to know.
Fortunately I've been using the program since its inception more than 20 years ago, so don't feel overwhelmed. It's all infinitely knowable stuff, as long as you learn it in the right order and at the right pace. Which is why I've broken the series into 3 parts. In this one, I'll introduce you to the essential topics; the stuff that everyone needs to know. We'll start with the Adobe Bridge which lets you open and organize your images. You can even wow your clients and friends with a slideshow. Then we'll see how to navigate inside Photoshop using a host of zoom and scroll functions.
I'll show you how to address resolution, as well as crop and straighten images. I have a big chapter on correcting brightness, contrast and color. We'll retouch photographs with the dodge and burn tools, as well as the amazing healing brush. Then we'll wrap things up with a look at layers, printing, and saving images for the web. In later parts, I'll lead you into the advanced topics. The one's that are the most likely to expand your creative range in the shortest amount of time. By the end, you will have seen everything Photoshop has to offer.
This is no tips and tricks course! I'm going to make sure you understand how Photoshop works, and how you work with it.
Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training254,867 Views
Up and Running with Omnisphere 213,038 Views
Creating Drag-and-Drop Functionality with Edge Animate45,512 Views
Understanding Maya nCloth89,373 Views
Up and Running with Capture One Pro 824,396 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views
Photoshop CS5 Essential Training4,045,446 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,393,600 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views