Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advanced
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advanced, the second part of the popular and comprehensive series, updated for CS5, follows internationally renowned Photoshop guru Deke McClelland as he dives into the workings of Photoshop. He explores such digital-age wonders as the Levels and Curves commands, edge-detection filters, advanced compositing techniques, vector-based text, the Liquify filter, and Camera Raw. Deke also teaches tried-and-true methods for sharpening details, smoothing over wrinkles and imperfections, and enhancing colors without harming the original image. Exercise files accompany the course.
Recommended prerequisite: Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Fundamentals.
- Using blend modes, adjustment layers, and layer styles
- Organizing a layered composition so it is fluid and editable
- Creating and editing type in Photoshop
- Using blur effectively
- Using adjustment layers to add color
- Combining layers into a clipping mask
- Working with Camera Raw
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland. Hello and welcome to Photoshop CS5 One-on-one Advanced. The second installment in my cradle to grave everything you need to know series on Adobe Photoshop. Now that you have the fundamentals under your belt, it's time for Photoshop to shine and your skills to blossom along with it. We start with the levels and curves commands, which allow you to bring out every last drop of luminance in your image. Then it's on to the sharpen filters which discover and emphasize edges to make your details come alive.
Later, I'll show you how to mix the perfect black and white photograph, so that even lackluster shots resonate with previously undiscovered beauty. I'll show you how to mix images with text and vector shapes in ways no other program can match, and we'll explore the vast hallways of Camera Raw to develop your high bit depth digital photographs into lustrous masterworks. If those sound like awfully big promises, they are, which is why it takes me more than 200 movies and 40 brand new projects to get through it all.
This is no tips and tricks course. This is Photoshop's enormous power beckoning to you, with you knowing what it all means at every turn. It's all right there waiting for you to use it like you invented it yourself. These first few movies are setup, so that you and I are on the same page. Namely, custom keyboard shortcuts and recommended color settings. If you already performed these steps back in the fundamentals course, you can skip to chapter 13 and enjoy part two of the avatar project.
Otherwise, follow my short instructions here and fine-tune Photoshop's engine for optimal performance. In any case, consider me your humble servant as I take the task of teaching you extremely seriously. Thank you for being here. Brace yourself to learn.
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Mastery1,124,694 Views
Photoshop CS5 Top 592,520 Views
Photoshop CS5: Creative Effects706,319 Views
Photoshop Top 40409,643 Views
Photoshop CS4: Layer Masks in Depth640,424 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Fundamentals3,384,786 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,428,752 Views