- View Offline
- Customizing a web workspace
- Coloring web graphics
- Optimizing images as JPEG, GIF, or PNG files
- Creating background graphics for sites
- Working with transparency
- Building navigation bars, buttons, and rollover graphics
- Designing web page mock-ups
- Adding animation
- Automating web-related tasks in Photoshop
- Integrating with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jan Kabili, and I'd like to welcome you to Photoshop CS5 For The Web. There's no doubt that the web is now the place for displaying creative work. Whether you're a web designer, a blogger, or one of the millions who share images online, this course will teach you how to create exciting visual assets that will make your websites, your photo posts, your ads and other online projects really stand out. In this course I'll show you how to optimize images for the web as JPEGs, GIFs and PNGs. I'll walk you through a workflow for preparing photographs for the web, and another for designing a webpage markup.
I'll explain why and how to slice a webpage markup, I'll cover how to make graphics for rollovers in Photoshop and I'll teach you how to install and use a special lynda.com script for exporting multiple rollover buttons at once. I'll cover some time saving automatic features like web galleries and Photoshop's image processor and I'll give you a taste of how to integrate the creative assets you make in Photoshop with other CS5 applications, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator and Flash. This course assumes that you already have basic Photoshop skills.
It's designed to take you to the next level when you're designing visual assets for the web so I invite you to jump right in and get started learning Photoshop CS5 For The Web.