Photoshop CS5 for the Web
In Photoshop CS5 for the Web, author Jan Kabili shows a wide range of optimal uses for Photoshop in the web graphics workflow. This course shows the most efficient ways to optimize images so that they maintain quality and download quickly in a browser, the why and the how of image slicing, and practical techniques for designing web page layouts, page backgrounds, navigation bars, and buttons in Photoshop. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Customizing a web workspace
- Coloring web graphics
- Optimizing images as JPEG, GIF, or PNG files
- Creating background graphics for sites
- Working with transparency
- Building navigation bars, buttons, and rollover graphics
- Designing web page mock-ups
- Adding animation
- Automating web-related tasks in Photoshop
- Integrating with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jan Kabili, and I'd like to welcome you to Photoshop CS5 For The Web. There's no doubt that the web is now the place for displaying creative work. Whether you're a web designer, a blogger, or one of the millions who share images online, this course will teach you how to create exciting visual assets that will make your websites, your photo posts, your ads and other online projects really stand out. In this course I'll show you how to optimize images for the web as JPEGs, GIFs and PNGs. I'll walk you through a workflow for preparing photographs for the web, and another for designing a webpage markup.
I'll explain why and how to slice a webpage markup, I'll cover how to make graphics for rollovers in Photoshop and I'll teach you how to install and use a special lynda.com script for exporting multiple rollover buttons at once. I'll cover some time saving automatic features like web galleries and Photoshop's image processor and I'll give you a taste of how to integrate the creative assets you make in Photoshop with other CS5 applications, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator and Flash. This course assumes that you already have basic Photoshop skills.
It's designed to take you to the next level when you're designing visual assets for the web so I invite you to jump right in and get started learning Photoshop CS5 For The Web.
Fireworks CS5 Essential Training719,165 Views
Illustrator CS5 for Web and Interactive Design380,326 Views
Dreamweaver CS5: Getting Started with HTML5336,089 Views
Layouts with CSS in Dreamweaver295,634 Views
Photoshop CS4 for the Web748,834 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views