- View Offline
- Converting shapes to paths and paths to shapes
- Moving, deleting, copying, and rasterizing shape layers
- Drawing pen paths
- Inverting a path
- Combining shapes
- Adding strokes to shape layers
- Creating shape layers from type
- Creating custom shapes from Illustrator symbols
- Building a photo grid
- Combining vector masks and layer masks
- Converting a shape layer to a selection, vector mask, or layer mask
- Working with paths and clipping paths
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Nigel French and welcome to Photoshop for Designers Shape Layers. In this course we'll look at using shape layers to create art work that is crisp and scalable. As well as how to combine shape layers with our pixel based imagery and photographs. I'll start by showing you the fundamentals of drawing and combining shapes. Next we'll move on to creating some effective and surprisingly simple designs. Some exclusively with shape layers, others that combine shape layers with photographs.
I'll show you how to use Photoshop's filters, adjustment layers, and masking tools with shapes. We'll also be looking at creating your own custom shapes, combining Photoshop with Illustrator, and the basics of working with the pen tool, something that causes people a lot of confusion. So let's get started with Photoshop for Designers Shape Layers.