- View Offline
- Adding grayscale pixels to layer masks to hide and show layer content
- Refining the edges of layer masks in the Refine Mask dialog box
- Using filters and adjustments to manipulate layer masks
- Blending photographs into composites by applying gradients to layer masks
- Using layer masks with Smart Objects and Adobe Camera Raw to combine different adjustments of the same photo
- Simulating shallow depth of field and targeting sharpening with Smart Filter masks
Skill Level Intermediate
(upbeat piano music) - [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jan Kabili and I'd like to welcome you to Photoshop CS4 layer masks in depth. This course is a deep dive into the use of layer masks in Photoshop CS4. It covers everything you need to know to use layer masking to enhance your photographs and to create professional looking image composites. I'll show you how to create layer masks by adding gray scale pixels to a mask to hide parts of the layer to which the mask is attached.
We'll explore practical applications for layer masks, like using layer masks with adjustment layers to correct your photographs. I'll walk you through making creative image composites using layer masks and I'll show you the latest features for fine tuning your layer masks in the new masks panel. Layer masks are among the most powerful features in Photoshop. For those of you who already have the basics of Photoshop under your belt understanding layer masks will help you take your photo editing and image compositing skills to the next exciting level.
So, let's get started with this course. Photoshop CS4 layer masks in depth.