- View Offline
- Using adjustment layers in a non-destructive image-editing workflow
- Correcting color with curves
- Adjusting brightness and contrast with levels
- Dodging and burning photographs
- Reading histograms accurately
- Converting color images to grayscale with a Black & White adjustment layer
- Customizing auto-corrections for more accurate quick adjustments
Skill Level Intermediate
(theme music) - Hello and welcome. I'm Jan Kabili, your instructor for Photoshop CS4 Image Adjustments In Depth. In this course, I'll show you how and why to use adjustment layers in a non-destructive image editing workflow. You'll see how to use levels to make a flat photograph like this, pop like this and you'll learn how to use curves for even more precise control over brightness and contrast.
I'll walk you through a new Photoshop CS4 workflow for correcting color with curves. I'll demonstrate multiple ways to remove a color cast. I'll also teach you how to use the new adjustment panel, and how to read a histogram. This course focuses on image adjustments but it necessarily mentions other Photoshop features along the way. If you need more information about other Photoshop features, visit my course Photoshop CS4 Essential Training. As a photographer and a senior trainer here at lynda.com, I've designed this course to teach you all the major adjustment features and to streamline your image editing workflow.
It's time to show you how to make your images fit your vision with Photoshop's CS4 Image Adjustments In Depth.