Photoshop CS4 for the Web
Photoshop CS4 offers designers a rich assortment of editing tools with which to create compelling imagery for the web. Photoshop CS4 for the Web covers a wide range of uses for Photoshop in the web graphics workflow. Instructor Jan Kabili explains how to optimize graphics and photographs so they download quickly in a web browser. She covers the why and how of image slicing, and demonstrates practical techniques for designing layouts, backgrounds, navigation bars, and buttons in Photoshop.
Download the free Layer Comps to Slices script from the Exercise Files tab.
- Working with color for the web
- Optimizing images in Photoshop’s Save for Web & Devices window
- Making web page backgrounds
- Creating transparent graphics for the web
- Making navigation graphics
- Preparing photographs for the web
- Laying out a web page comp
- Making graphics for rollovers
- Creating a web gallery
- Displaying high-resolution graphics with Zoomify
- Making graphic variations with variables
- Integrating with Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Illustrator
- [Voiceover] If you're a web designer, a blogger, an illustrator, a photographer, or anyone who wants to share images online, you'll find Photoshop to be a flexible and creative resource for preparing your images for the web. (upbeat music) I'm Jan Kabili, senior trainer at lynda.com, and this is Photoshop CS4 For The Web. For you Photoshop users out there, I've designed this course so that you can take the next step in putting your content on the web or designing effective web interfaces.
We'll cover the principles of optimizing your images for the web, with the Save for Web & Devices feature. We'll also look at how to create animations. I'll show you how to design a comp for your webpages, including how to design graphics for rollovers and navigation. I'll spend some time going over how and why to slice images. Plus, I'll show you a great feature that can automatically make a website from your images. Photoshop integrates with Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Illustrator. I'll show you how, so you can use Photoshop in combination with other programs in the Adobe CS4 Suite to get the results you've envisioned onto the screen.
If you're ready, I'm ready. Let's get started with Photoshop CS4 For The Web.
Stereoscopic 3D Motion Graphics with After Effects10,753 Views
Photoshop CS6 Selections and Layer Masking Workshop189,722 Views
Dynamic Dreamweaver Websites: Creating and Validating Forms61,191 Views
Podcasting: Business and Law0 Views
Scanning Techniques for Photography, Art, and Design215,083 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views