Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Photography and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
For a guide to getting started with designs and artwork in Photoshop, check out Up and Running with Photoshop for Design.
- Retrieving photos from a camera
- Adding copyright and metadata
- Adjusting brightness, contrast, levels, and hues
- Converting an image to black and white
- Fixing red-eye and blemishes
- Straightening a crooked image
- Sharpening details and reducing noise
- Working with selections and layers
- Saving an image for the web
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland. Welcome to Adobe Photoshop. First and foremost, Photoshop lets you modify digital photographs. You can correct a photo to bring out every tone and color, retouch an image so that your subjects all look their very best, and selectively modify details so every nook and cranny of your image has impact. Everyone has heard of Photoshop, and for good reason. It is perhaps the most powerful computer graphics tool ever created.
The purpose of the following movies is to get you up and running with Photoshop in the shortest amount of time possible. I make no attempt to cover every feature in the software, far from it. Instead, I show you just those features that you need to know to make every photograph look its impeccable best. My goal is to help you succeed. Specifically, I show you how to import and organize your photos, and get them into Photoshop. I show you how to adjust brightness, contrast, and color to bring out the best in your photographs, and I show you how to retouch away blemishes and sharpen details, so that your images resonate with even the most casual observer.
Note that I assume no prior knowledge of Photoshop. If you happen to know a thing or two about the program, great, if not, that is not a problem. If ever you've felt like you wanted to enhance your photographs, but weren't entirely sure what questions to ask, this is the place to start. In the end, if you feel like there's more you'd like to learn, I'll point you in a couple of directions. In the meantime, here's how to make the most of Photoshop.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.