- View Offline
- Getting around an image
- Creating accurate selections
- Creating a layered composition
- Scaling and rotating layers
- Creating realistic layer effects
- Painting with the brush tool
- Tracing outlines with the pen tool
- Creating editable effects with smart filters
- Saving an image and preparing it for print
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland, welcome to Adobe Photoshop. Many folks regard Photoshop as a photography program, which it is, but more than half the people who use Photoshop identify themselves as designers and it's no surprise. Photoshop offers more art creation and modification tools than any other image editor. The purpose of the following movies is to get you up and running with Photoshop in the shortest amount of time possible. I make no attempt to cover every feature in the software, far from it.
Instead, I show you just those features that you need to know to create photo-realistic artwork and designs. My goal is to help you succeed. Specifically, I show you how to make the most of such revered features as layers, filters, and blend modes. I show you how to integrate text and vectors into your artwork and I show you how to select an image captured against one background and set it against another. Note that I assume no prior knowledge of Photoshop.
If you do happen to know a thing or two about the program, great. If not, that is not a problem. If you've ever felt like you wanted to combine art with imagery but weren't entirely sure what questions to ask, this is the place to start. In the end, if you feel like there's more you'd like to learn, I'll point you in a couple of directions. In the meantime, here's how to make the most of Photoshop.