Up and Running with Photoshop for Design
Up and Running with Photoshop for Design is a streamlined introduction to Adobe's flagship image-editing application, specifically geared to lovers of graphic art and design. Expert Deke McClelland shows how to make designs and artwork come alive, in the shortest time possible. The course covers the basics of selections, masks, layers, type, effects, painting, and smart objects.
- Getting around an image
- Creating accurate selections
- Creating a layered composition
- Scaling and rotating layers
- Creating realistic layer effects
- Painting with the brush tool
- Tracing outlines with the pen tool
- Creating editable effects with smart filters
- Saving an image and preparing it for print
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland, welcome to Adobe Photoshop. Many folks regard Photoshop as a photography program, which it is, but more than half the people who use Photoshop identify themselves as designers and it's no surprise. Photoshop offers more art creation and modification tools than any other image editor. The purpose of the following movies is to get you up and running with Photoshop in the shortest amount of time possible. I make no attempt to cover every feature in the software, far from it.
Instead, I show you just those features that you need to know to create photo-realistic artwork and designs. My goal is to help you succeed. Specifically, I show you how to make the most of such revered features as layers, filters, and blend modes. I show you how to integrate text and vectors into your artwork and I show you how to select an image captured against one background and set it against another. Note that I assume no prior knowledge of Photoshop.
If you do happen to know a thing or two about the program, great. If not, that is not a problem. If you've ever felt like you wanted to combine art with imagery but weren't entirely sure what questions to ask, this is the place to start. In the end, if you feel like there's more you'd like to learn, I'll point you in a couple of directions. In the meantime, here's how to make the most of Photoshop.
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depth204,170 Views
The 5-Day Excel Challenge125,043 Views
After Effects: Insight into Effects111,180 Views
Create a Sliding Tabbed Panel with jQuery and Dreamweaver102,235 Views
Creative Inspirations: Mark Mothersbaugh, Music Composer88,427 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views