Photoshop CS3 One-on-One: The Essentials
Photoshop CS3 is the first update to Adobe's flagship image-editing product in more than two years. Photoshop CS3 One-on-One: The Essentials is an introductory course with bestselling author and video trainer Deke McClelland and teaches topics, such as navigation, color correction, resolution, and retouching. Exercise files accompany the tutorial.Ready for more Photoshop CS3 training with Deke McClelland? Check out Photoshop CS3 One-on-One: Beyond the Basics and Photoshop CS3 One-on-One: Advanced Techniques.
Download Deke's customized keyboard layouts for Photoshop on the Exercise Files tab.
- Understanding what Photoshop CS3 is and what it can do.
- Zooming, scrolling, and getting around an image.
- Making the most of the new-and-improved CS3 interface.
- Using Adobe Bridge to organize and manage images.
- Saving workspaces for maximum comfort and efficiency.
- Correcting colors using the Variations and Hue/Saturation commands.
- Taking on the professional-grade luminance editors, Levels and Curves.
- Resampling an image and selecting an interpolation setting.
- Cropping and straightening a photograph.
- Using the selection tools, including the new Refine Edges command.
- Retouching and image and healing away blemishes.
- Understanding masking, layering, and layer comps.
- Sharpening, blurring, and averaging the details in a photograph.
- Working with transparency and blend modes.
- Using Warp and Liquify to reshape a photograph.
- Cloning and healing in perspective using Vanishing Point 2.
- Creating and editing text.
- Using layer effects and styles to correct photographs and achieve special effects.
- Making the most of adjustment layers, smart objects, and smart filters.
- Working with the wealth of new features in Camera Raw 4, including its ability to open photos saved in JPEG or TIFF.
- Stitching multiple photographs seamlessly using the new and improved Auto-Align, Auto-Blend, and Photomerge.
- Recording actions and printing your images.
Welcome to Photoshop CS3 One-on-One: The Essentials
Hi, I am Deke McClelland, best selling author of books and videos on computer graphics, digital imaging and electronic design. I would like to welcome you to Photoshop CS3 One-on-One. The first in a series of self-paced comprehensive classroom style videos from myself and lynda.com. Based on the best selling One-on-One books from Deke Press and O'Reilley Media, One-on-One is characterized by in-depth instruction, real world projects and an informal while at the same time detailed and painstakingly accurate approach.
In other words, if at times, I keep you entertained, it never comes at the expense of the information. As the name One-on-One implies, I will walk you through Adobe Photoshop CS3 just as if I were teaching you in a classroom or corporate consulting environment except that instead of getting lost in a crowd of students, you receive my individualized attention, it's just you and me, One-on-One. I created One-on-One with three audiences in mind. If you're an independent designer, photographer or other professional, you'll appreciate the hands-on approach and the ability to set your own pace.
If you are a student working in a classroom or vocational setting, you will enjoy the personalized attention, structured exercises and essential background information. If you are a college or vocational teacher, you will find the topic-driven lessons helpful in building curricula and fleshing out homework assignments. Photoshop CS3 One-on-One is designed to suit the needs of beginners and intermediate users, but I have seen to it that each chapter contains a few techniques that even experienced users don't know. In the early chapters, I will introduce you to the essential topics, the stuff that everyone needs to know in the order you need to know it.
Then I will lead you into the advanced topics, the ones that are most likely to expand your creative range in the shortest amount of time. One-on-One is your chance to go from 0 to 60 in a single series. I hope you will agree this is one-on-one training at its best. Alright, this is a big topic, so let's start things off with a general introduction by taking a look at what Photoshop can do. It's a spooky little thing I like to call "What Photoshop can do." Why spooky? You will see.
Photoshop CS4 Getting Started584,505 Views
Photoshop for Designers: Color422,376 Views
Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography529,568 Views
Up and Running with Revit161,618 Views
Documenting AutoCAD 3D Models11,402 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,820,903 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views