Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3 was created and produced by Lee Varis. We are honored to host his material in the lynda.com Online Training Library®
Portraiture can be one of the most rewarding skills for a photographer to master, and the right post-processing and enhancement techniques can make all the difference. In Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3, Lee Varis uses Photoshop CS3 as a digital darkroom to bring out the best in photos of people, faces, and bodies. He examines tone and contrast, color correction, retouching, and more.
- Customizing the Photoshop CS3 workspace
- Controlling tone and color balance with Curves settings
- Correcting and enriching color with Hue/Saturation
- Converting images to black and white
- Retouching and sharpening portraits
- Enhancing background bokeh
- Adding portrait glow
- Blending luminosity
- Hi, I'm Lee Varis. Welcome to Beyond Skin, Going Deeper with CS3. I've been a photographer for 30 years, and I've been doing digital for just about 20. I'm gonna be showing you some of the things that I've learned in my long career doing digital photography. We're gonna be using Photoshop as a digital darkroom to post-process and enhance photographs of people, faces, and bodies. So first we're gonna start by examining the Photoshop CS3 interface.
So let's get going.
Photoshop CS3 Color Correction452,127 Views
Photoshop CS4 for Photographers: Creative Color363,223 Views
Photoshop CS4 for Photographers: Creative Effects558,567 Views
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniques948,489 Views
Photoshop CS4: Sharpening Images New Features97,856 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,787,756 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,428,752 Views