In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use both noise reduction and ClearView controls in DxO OpticsPro for Photos, an affordable editing extension available to Photos for macOS users.
- [Speaker] Noise removal is another nice touch…included in this editing extension.…I'm going to go ahead and open it up right there,…and let's go ahead and close these right now.…We're not working on them anymore.…So, basically, there are two types:…There's the faster type, which by default,…the application applies as it initially…processes the image, and then…you have prime, which is even better,…and prime is rendered upon saving,…and it does take longer to process,…and you do get this preview, though,…that's kind of neat.…
Now this is a perfect example…of when you would want noise removal…because we have this large continuous tone in the sky.…We have these wispy clouds, and so…it might be worth spending a little extra time…to let prime run and really smooth out that noise,…so I'm going to go ahead and do that,…I'm going to let it run, and then…we can make further adjustments with the slider…so we can up it even a bit more.…That's looking pretty good.…That is pretty nice, alright.…
So there we go, and we'll see…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 50m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.