Get up to speed with Apple's Photos software for OS X Yosemite. Learn to convert Aperture and iPhoto libraries and use all of the Photos editing and sharing features.
- [Voiceover] Apple ushers in a new era of image management with Photos for OS X. Hi. I'm Derrick Story: photographer, writer, and teacher. During our time together I'll focus on: adding images to photos from a variety of sources including your camera and even from your existing iPhoto library; editing your pictures using Photo's sophisticated yet easy to use adjustment tools; creating slideshows, greeting cards, books, and calendars with just a few clicks; making prints from your inkjet printer or sending the files to Apple's photo service; and exporting images and slideshows out of Photos, allowing you to share your content as you see fit.
In just a short time you'll up and running with Photos for OS X. Let's get started.
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.