Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Using iCloud Photo Sharing, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- A terrific feature that's now part…of Photos for OS X is shared albums.…And I like this because I can pull together a collection…of images and then share them with other people.…It doesn't make any difference…if they have an iCloud account or not.…It works either way.…So, let's take a look at it.…We're gonna go over to the Shared tab right here.…Now, I have one album already started, Scenics.…And I'll double click on it, and that'll…show you the images that are in there so far.…
Now, we're gonna add some more here in a minute.…And then next to it we have an Activity album.…We'll open that up.…And that will show you what I've been up to.…So, I've done two uploads to the album…and it details my work here.…So it kind of shows you when you added stuff…and what's going on with your various shared albums.…I'm gonna go back now again to Scenics.…We'll open it up.…And let's add another couple shots to it.…
So, I'll go over here to Add photos,…and let's go ahead and add this shot…and we'll add this shot.…And I'll click on the Add button.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.