Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Let's talk for a second about the exercise files that we have for this title. So these images right here, this is the group of shots that we use for the Image Editing chapter. I've shared those with you, the original ones, the ones that were right off the camera, both the JPEGs, and when appropriate, the RAW files. So in the Exercise File folder, you will see these images right here, and sometimes you'll see two of them, you know, one JPEG, one RAW file.
All you have to do is just import them into your Photos Library, and what I recommend that you do, is do what I did here, just give it the same album name, Image Editing UK. That way, when I go through all the steps of image editing and working on these different photos, you can follow along on your computer too, and in fact, you'll even have 'em in the same album. So look for the Exercise Files folders, those of you that receive exercise files, upload them to Photos for OSX, create an album called Image Editing UK, put 'em all in there, and you should have 'em like this.
Now these have been edited here, so you're gonna see the original shots. Like for instance, this shot right here will be in color. But put 'em in there, and then follow along as I edit them, and then what you'll end up with is an album that looks like this.
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.