Affinity Develop has many robust adjustment sliders. One of the best of the bunch is the noise reduction function. In this video, Derrick Story shows how to apply noise reduction to your photographs using this editing extension. Affinity Photo is a full-featured image editor that many use as an alternative to Photoshop.
- I'm going to open up Affinity Develop, right here.…This comes with the Affinity photo app,…and as you look from top to bottom,…Exposure, the Enhance sliders, White Balance,…Shadows, Highlights.…This is stuff that we have in Photos for MAC OS natively.…The one thing that I like a little bit better…in the Develop editing extension…is the Noise Reduction down here at the bottom.…And that's what we're going to apply right now,…and that's because we have that big blue sky.…
And we did juice it a little bit with Haze Removal.…So we'll just apply some noise reduction here,…and let's take a look at Split View…and see if we can see.…You probably can't see it as you watch a video.…I'm on a high resolution…screen here,…and it definitely has smoothed things out a bit.…Now if you wanted to, I'm going to turn off Split View,…you could work with these other sliders here.…
However, in my opinion, and my recommendation is,…if you only need to work with these sliders,…then I would do it natively in Photos for MAC OS.…Mainly because you would get to work right on the RAW file.…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.