There are dozens of filters and some great FX in Polarr. In this video, Derrick Story shows how to apply these filters and effects to your images. Polarr is an image editor available in the Mac App Store.
- [Narrator] We have a whole bunch of filters in here…that you can use as a starting point or a finishing point,…depending on how your needs are met, right?…So, you get one collection displaying when you click…on the filter's icon right here,…but there are more, there are more.…So, for example, if you click on the three dots here,…you'll see all sorts of filters.…Oh, let's go down to culinary, right,…that makes sense for us.…And then basically, you just click on a filter,…and just have fun with it,…until you see something that you want.…
Now you also have a fader slider here.…So, for example, if you like the filter,…but maybe not at full strength, here's where we started,…and you want to apply just a little bit of that filter,…then you can do that.…Or you can go whole hog.…We'll go right about here, alrighty?…Now, the other thing that I want to show you…in this movie is really fun,…and it's over here with adjustments, is effects.…So I'm just going to click on that.…
These are crazy!…(chuckles)…Again, this is not stuff you see that often.…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.