The brush tool enables you to adjust specific areas of your composition. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use the brush to fine-tune color, exposure, and other elements of an image. Luminar is a full-featured image editing application created by Macphun. It is available from the developer site or in the Mac App Store.
- [Narrator] Since I alerady have layers open,…this is a great time to show you brushing…because generally speaking, I recommend…doing brushing on it's own layer.…And so let's do that right now.…And brushing is so cool with this application.…So I'm going to create a new layer, just…call it a new adjustment layer.…And I want tone and you'll see why in a second.…Let's just go tone here, and I'm going to call this fix rock.…(laughing) So I'll double tap there.…
This is the fix rock layer, and what rock do I want to…fix, I want to fix this right here.…This is just alittle too bright.…I keep goingn back and forth on it and I go…you know what, it's just brighter than I want.…So I'm going to fix that, now, this…is what makes brushing so cool, I'll show ya.…Alright so, all I want to do is take…the tone down on that okay so I'm just going to do this.…And all I'm doing is just focusing on that rock.…Forget about the rest of theimage for a minute.…
I just want to get that area of the rock the way that I want.…I want it more like that, yeah, we'll just…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.