There are all sorts of retouching tools offered by this Affinity editing extension. In this video, Derrick Story shows how to use these retouching tools to improve aspects of your photographs. Affinity Photo is a full-featured image editor that many use as an alternative to Photoshop.
- [Instructor] I have saved a great set of tools…for the last in our tour of…Affinity Photo Editing Extensions.…Yes, Retouch.…Retouch tools are just great in general, aren't they?…(laughs gently) And again because we really only have…one retouch tool in Photos for Mac OS,…this is nice, having a whole bunch of them.…You can see that we have Dodge and Burn,…Sponge, and for example if I set on Sponge,…then a set of parameters up here allow me…to fine tune what I want to do there.…
We have a Undo Brush, Sharpen,…so you can sharpen a particular area, localized sharpening.…Smudge, Healing, I jumped over Median, Red Eye,…and then the one I'm going to show you right now,…which I think is one of my favorite, actually,…in this whole lineup here, is something called Inpainting.…Let's make sure I have a big enough brush.…I'm going to go ahead and just use the right bracket key…to make it a little bit bigger.…
That's about right.…I'm just going to work on this right here.…All you do is just start at the end, click,…drag all the way up like that.…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 50m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.