You can convert your images to black and white in Affinity Photo. In this video, Derrick Story shows how to convert your photographs to monochrome using this editing extension. Affinity Photo is a full-featured image editor that many use as an alternative to Photoshop.
- [Instructor] We'll take a peek at Affinity Monochrome.…I'll be honest with you, I don't use this tool…a whole lot, because I really like…the black and white tools built into Photos for Mac OS.…And I also like the editing extension Tonality,…which I think also does a really great job…with split toning, and black and white, and so forth.…But if you do get the other Affinity tools,…you do have this, and so let's take a peek at it.…Basically, you get an instant conversion,…and then you have the different channels up here.…
We can do a little toning here, as you see,…a little adding color, and then we have…Sharpening and Vignette down here.…And, of course, we have an Output Curve.…So, for example, if I take the blue down a bit,…there's a lot of blue in this shot,…now you have to be careful, if you're too heavy-handed,…you really can start to get some banding and so forth,…so this is not a place to go berserk,…but to really watch your image.…So we can take it not really that far,…we can take it about to there.…
We'll play with the red a bit, kind of add some snap there.…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 50m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.