Haze Removal is one of the best editing extensions offered by Affinity. In this video, Derrick Story shows how to use Haze Removal to add clarity and crispness to your outdoor photographs. Affinity Photo is a full-featured image editor that many use as an alternative to Photoshop.
- As I look at this shot I'm thinking okay I'd love to see what haze removal can do with it. Not that there's a lot of haze here. I think haze removal is more of a term to clarify an image, well instead of me describing it to you, let me just show you. [Laughs] So we'll go to haze removal. And I'm going to turn off split view right now. So basically you have two sliders. And you have distance, and as you go up the distance slider, the image becomes clearer.
And then you have the strength of the adjustment. So as you see, if you top these out, they can get pretty dramatic. Now I'll turn on the split view so you can see the difference. And it is, it's like cleaning a window, isn't it? It's like looking through a window that hasn't been cleaned for a while and you clean it up and then you get to see something like this. Now this is probably a little stronger than I normally would apply but, you know, we're making movies here.
We're having fun, we're seeing how these things work. And then you have some exposure adjustment too which I think is really handy. So what I'm going to do is I'm going to back this off a little bit. It's so easy to get dramatic with these things. And I just want to go to somewhere like this. And we'll play with the exposure just a little bit. Something like that. Now let's turn on split view.
And you can see we've made quite a difference already. Just with this one. This is my favorite editing extension that comes with the Affinity set and it's probably the one that I use the most. Alrighty, so that is step one and what we're going to do here is actually chain together a few of these editing extensions, these Affinity editing extensions, to complete the work on this image. So I'll go ahead and save changes right now.
And now we are back in our regular edit mode in photos and if I hit the M key you have a little look at the work that we've done so far. Now in the next movie, we're going to go into the develop editing extension and see what we can do there.
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos