Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Albums tab, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Before we leave our discussion of albums,…it would probably be a good idea…just to review the Albums tab itself.…We've created a few things now.…They're showing up here.…So let's just make sure we understand…all that's happening.…So in the Albums tab and, of course, right here,…Albums tab as opposed to our Photos tab,…here are all of our pictures.…But here are our albums.…So we have the All Photos Album…which has everything, the whole kit and kaboodle.…
Everything that's in the library is right there.…If we've been tagging people using Faces,…we have a Faces album.…We have our last import which will change…as we bring new stuff in.…But it's handy like what I did…with the Stuff to Eat that if you want…to do something right away with items…that you bring in ...…Let me open this.…Like I decided I wanted to have…a little bit of a food collection.…I selected food shots off the memory card…and they were all collected for me right here.…
I didn't have to go through Photos, My Overview…and start looking for the various food shots.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Tips and Trickswith Christopher Breen1h 18m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.