Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the Photos interface, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Let's take a tour of our new home,…at least our new home for a while,…the Photos for OS10 application here.…I'm going to start out at the top,…and you'll notice we have the standard issue menu bar.…File, Edit, all that good stuff.…Now if you're not a menu bar person,…that's okay if you're not,…you just click on the green maximize button,…and it goes away. Yeah! Nice and clean.…Now if you do like that menu bar,…just push that mouse up to the top there,…that mouse pointer, click back on the green button…and it returns again.…
Now, in the center of the application here,…we have some tabs, Photos, which we're looking at right now.…We're in the Moments view.…Shared, we haven't shared anything yet.…It's waiting for us.…Albums, all sorts of good albums,…Panoramas, Last Import, all that good stuff.…And Projects.…We haven't created any Projects yet,…but I'm looking forward to doing it…because they're a lot of fun.…If I go back to Photos, right here,…and if I want to go back in time,…I go to the arrow key right here, the little arrow button.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.