Presets are a fast way to see different versions of an image, or they can serve as a starting point for your own edits. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to tap the power of presets. Luminar is a full-featured image editing application created by Macphun. It is available from the developer site or in the Mac App Store.
- [Instructor] Presets are a great way…to get a feel for your image.…In other words, what are the possibilities…with this picture?…And you can do so just by clicking…on one thumbnail to another…and going, oh, I don't like that but…that's kind of interesting.…And then once you hone in on something that you like,…you have an Amount slider right here.…So you can go all or very little…just by sliding right there, alrighty.…
Now presets are organized in groups or sets.…And you access those by clicking down here.…We're in my set right now but Basic, Outdoor,…all sorts of different presets here.…Let's go to All presets, which you can do right there.…And then let's say that you find one that you like.…You can just Save Changes and be done…and we'll go right back to Photos.…Or you can keep playing with it.…
This preset is made up of these different filters.…But they're not locked down or anything.…So for example, if you go, "I really like the direction…"that this preset is taking me but I want to finish it off.…"I want it a little bit warmer," for example.…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.