You can add softening or sharpening using Pixelmator Retouch Extension. In this video, Derrick Story shows how to use these tools to create the look in your images that best suit the subject. Pixelmator is a popular image editing app for the Mac platform, that now includes two editing extensions as part of its download.
- [Narrator] So I'm going to finish off this shot…by doing a little softening and sharpening;…I've been softening this here.…Don't want to get rid of it,…I just want to make it as soft as possible,…so I've softened that down there.…And then I'll go to my sharpening here; let's go ahead…and give it full strength, and I thought it'd…be kind of nice to sharpen this area up a little bit here.…It trails off just a little bit, and we'll just add…a little sharpening right here.…
Just like this, sharpen our pizza,…make sure that's nice and legible.…Yes, working nice on the type there.…Good, alrighty; maybe just sharpen up that door just a bit.…So you just paint, that's all you have to do;…you just paint.…And the application takes it from there, okay.…
All right, excellent.…So now let's just go ahead.…By the way, if I wanted to reset any of the individual tools…I can do that; there's a reset button right down here.…But we're just going to go ahead and save our changes.…And now we're right back in Photos.…I'm going to hit the m key,…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.