Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing directly to social networks, part of Up and Running with Photos for OS X.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We can share directly to our favorite social network…through Photos for OS X.…It's actually quite easy.…Now, of course, you need to be signed up…for your social network, such as Facebook or Twitter,…and you do that through the Internet Accounts tab…in System Preferences.…Once you've done that,…then everything flows very smoothly…here in this application.…Now, there are two ways to get to shared items.…One is to go up to File,…go to Share, and this pop up menu here.…
And you can see there's Twitter, and Facebook, and Flickr.…Now the way that I like to do it…is go up to the Share button and get this pop up menu here.…And let's share this image to Facebook.…Select it.…And I have some options.…I'm going to share it Public,…but I could narrow it down to Friends,…or even just Me, if I wanted.…That's not really sharing, is it?…And then I can also pick the location.…I'm going to put it on the timeline,…but if I wanted to put it in an existing album,…I can do that right here.…
And I can even add location, by clicking on that.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Tips and Trickswith Christopher Breen1h 18m Intermediate
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.