Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching the Photos library, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- I'm gonna take a look at search for Photos for OS X.…And I'll tell you right up front:…Some things it'll search on,…some things it won't.…Let's start with the things that it will.…Keywords, that's one of them.…So if I go up here and I enter the keyword,…oh, let's say, fall...…I was gonna start entering fall color…and look at that,…before I even finished it,…keyword fall color, all I have to do is click on that.…
Let's do Command i here…so we can take a look at what's going on…and sure enough, there is the keyword…fall color, right there, and Photos found it.…So that's one thing it'll search on.…It will also search on a description.…Let me enter "North" here.…Yep, I have "North" in a description,…click on the image, do Command i,…and we will see the description:…View from the North End of Mono Lake.…
OK, yeah, got a little head of steam here going.…Go ahead and close that right now.…We'll also search on the title.…So if I enter the word "blue" here,…yes, there's a title.…Click on that image,…do Command i,…and we see the title "Blue sky with fall color."…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.