Once you've completed your work in the editing extension, you'll want to return the image to Photos for macOS. In this video, Derrick Story shows how to take the work you've done in DxO OpticsPro for Photos, an affordable editing extension available to Photos for macOS users, and bring it back into Photos.
- I've done quite a bit to this image…and I'm looking forward to see how it renders…when we send it back to photos.…Now when I have noise removal selected and prime selected,…I can see the before and after…and we can check our work before we send it back,…of the preview of the noise removal.…So if I hit the M key with that selected,…I will actually see the noise before and the noise after.…I'm looking inside that white circle.…Okay, so there's before and after there.…
Now, if I turn off noise removal and I hit the M key,…now I can get the image before everything else…but noise removal, and after.…Pretty dramatic.…Okay, all right. So let's turn on noise removal…and let's save this out and see what happens.…So, I'm going to go up to save changes…and we're going to let this thing process.…The fans of my laptop actually heated up a little bit there,…so that means there was lots of stuff going on.…
But let's take a look at this image.…This is really, really pretty.…And we can magnify an area.…I'm just going to put my pointer here in the sky…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 50m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.