Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing the Projects tab, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Before we leave this chapter,…want to have a quick review of the Projects tab…because it is a pretty handy place.…I mean, look at all the work that,…just in this short time,…we've accumulated here.…If I go up to View here,…you'll see that I have my projects sorted by date.…If I turn that off, I can move things around…by clicking and dragging.…So, you may decide that you want to have cards…be at the front or at the top of your Projects tab,…and then have everything else follow.…
So you have that control.…And then, of course, if you want, you can always…go back and Keep Sorted by Date,…and it will move things around for you.…You can also duplicate a project.…So for example, on the slide show here,…if I click on it, and then I right-click on it,…I can duplicate the slide show,…create another slide show just like it,…and then go through and make some changes,…maybe for a different use.…So I don't have to start the whole…slide show all over again.…
I can duplicate it, give it another name,…make some adjustments, and it will save me a lot of time.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.