Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Retouching a photo, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- I want to show you how to retouch a photo…in Photos for OSX, it's fairly simple.…Let's work on this shot, because I kind of like…the way it's shaping up, and want to take care…of a couple little things that…are bugging me about this image.…So I'll go over to Edit, and we'll go down to Retouch.…And right here I have this slider…that allows me to adjust the size of my brush.…And I want it not too big because I want…to take care of this little guy right over here.…
See him?…He's bugging me, he's too close to the edge,…he's too blurry, so it's not working for me.…So I'll just click on him, just like that he's gone.…And then I have a few extra wisps up here in the sky.…I want that blue, so I'll make my brush a little bit bigger.…And then just to make sure I get the right tone,…I'm going to hold down the Option key and click,…to sample that part of the sky.…
That'll give me a good match, click, click,…look at that, isn't that nice?…Now I can always reset my work…by clicking on this button here.…But I like what I'm doing, so I'll just…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.