Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing to edit, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- Before we get to the actual image editing,…I want to show you a few things…so that you're all ready to go…and we can work on these together.…I've created a new album here…called Image Editing UK.…I'm gonna open that right now.…And we have these shots.…Now, the reason why I say we can work together…is because in the Exercise Files…you will have the originals of these images.…You can load them into Photos for OS X, import them,…and then work along right with me.…And I think that's pretty cool.…
Now, before we start doing that,…I want to kind of give you the lay of the land here.…You notice that we have some badges on these images,…some that say J, some that say R,…and then some images have none at all.…Those badges talk about file types.…So, for example, these two images here are JPEGs.…They have no badges at all.…They are just straight JPEGs.…However, these that have the J,…and you notice there's a little like kind of stack there,…that means those were shot raw plus JPEG.…
Now, by default, Photos for OS X…will bring the JPEG up front…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.