Pixelmator offers two editing extensions for Photos for macOS—Pixelmator Retouch and Pixelmator Distort. In this video, Derrick Story provides an overview of both editing extensions. Pixelmator is a popular image editing app for the Mac platform, that now includes two editing extensions as part of its download.
- [Instructor] When you buy Pixelmator in the Mac App Store…you get two editing extensions with it.…Now Pixelmator itself is really deep image editor…it does all sorts of stuff.…And the extensions are a bit more…specialized and we see that,…we see that with Affinity also which we're going to talk about…in some upcoming movies.…So you don't get the whole shebang…in terms of what Pixelmator can do in the editing extensions…but what you do get are some pretty useful things…especially tools that shore up the gaps…in Photos for macOS.…
So we'll go to extensions here and I'm just going to…give you a peak at them right now…and then we'll dive into them much deeper…in the next couple movies.…My favorite of the two is Pixelmator Retouch.…And the reason why I like it is again it has…things that I don't enjoy in Photos for macOS natively.…It has a great repair tool.…It has a cloning tool and then the light…and color are not just for changing the overall…image globally, but for painting, which is very nice.…
So it could be used as dodging and burning for light,…
- Using the Luminar editing extension
- Working with layers
- Adjusting images
- Using DxO OpticsPro
- Applying lens corrections to photos
- Using Pixelmator Retouch
- Using Pixelmator Distort
- Using different Affinity Photo editing extensions
- Using Haze Removal
- Using Polarr image editing tools
- Adding text to photos
Skill Level Advanced
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustmentswith Derrick Story1h 52m Intermediate
1. Luminar All-Purpose Editor
2. DxO OpticsPro for Lens Corrections
3. Pixelmator Retouch and Distort
4. Affinity Photo for Advanced Cleanup
5. Polarr All-Purpose Editor
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.