Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Ordering a print, part of Learning Photos for OS X.
- In an earlier movie, I showed you how to print…from an inkjet printer that you have connected to your Mac.…But you may be going, you know, Derek,…I'm not really an inkjet printer kind of person.…I like to order prints.…And you know what?…You can do that, too.…Let's order a couple prints right here from Photos.…I'm going to select this image here, and this image here.…And you can order as many as you want.…We're gonna start with two here.…And then I'm going to go up here to the plus,…and this time I'm going to go to Prints.…
So that is different than when we print it ourself…and we go down here to print.…So this is, when you're gonna print them yourself,…And this is when you're gonna order them from Apple.…Which is what we're gonna do right now.…And you have some nice options here.…Pretty fun. I'm gonna order some square prints.…I like Instagram and I like the square format.…So I'll select.…Might get a little notice that,…yeah, they weren't exactly square photos.…So they've been cropped a bit, thank you very much.…
The course begins with an overview of what Photos is and does, and then provides advice for converting iPhoto and Aperture libraries and adding images to the Photos library directly from a camera. Derrick then details the powerful image editing and sharing options, and shows how to build photo-based projects such as slideshows, greeting cards, books, calendars, and prints directly from Photos.
- Migrating from iPhoto and Aperture to Photos
- Adding pictures to the Photos library
- Creating albums and Smart Albums
- Cropping and editing photos
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Copying and pasting adjustments
- Sharing photos
- Creating slideshows, prints, and greeting cards
- Exporting photos
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started in Photos
2. Working with Basic Editing Tools
3. Sharing Your Photos
4. Creating Photo Projects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.